Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Golden Apricot&Caramel Cake


I don't exactly know were the origins of this recipe are. I know it from a friend of mine, a professional cook, but I am not sure it is traditionally Bulgarian.

It's a very cook and easy cake with fruits as apricots, peaches or plums.

From my experience I can tell that any of these fruits you use, the cake is always exquisite. According to my husband it's much more delicious than clafoutis :)



You need:

3 large eggs

1 cup of sugar

2 cups of white flour

2 teaspoons of baking soda

cinnamon and vanilla


300-400 gr of fresh pitted and halved apricots

for caramel: 100 gr butter and 150 gr caster sugar



What to do:

Place the 150 gr caster sugar in the cake pan on high heat and let it melt and turn to golden. Add butter and remove from heat. Make sure the sugar and butter mixture covers the cake pan. Place the apricot halves.

In the meantime in a bowl mix the eggs with sugar, flour and baking soda and the cinnamon and vanilla.

Bake on 200 degrees for some 25 minutes.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover