Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Food Bloggers Unplugged!

Thank very much to Janice from FarmersGirlKitchen for tagging me in the Food Bloggers Unplugged - a web event created to help you learn more about the tagged food bloggers tagged.

So let's start:

What or who inspired you to start your blog?

To be honest I started my foodblog soon after I got my DSLR with the only intention to document some tasty recipes that have turned out nice. At the very beginning I preferred not to write much. A bit later its purpose changed as a handy web-based space where I could access to my favourite recipes from anywhere.

I have always been inspired by the beautiful photos in food magazines and books.


Who is your foodie inspiration?

I am inspired by everything from the environment but the most of all I like experimenting and making real my crazy food whims.


Your greasiest most batter splattered cook book is?

Funny thing is at the beginning when I started collecting cook books, they most of them had greasy spots from batter and oil, but not anymore, no! Nowadays I would read the recipe first to memorize it, then if I need, I would write down the ingredients on a post-it and stick it in the kitchen so I don't forget them :) Clean and easy.


The best thing you have ever eaten in another country, where was it and what was it?

I always like to taste the local cuisine when I travel, so try to avoid the most tourist places to eat. I can't think of anything in particular but most of the things I've had I liked and they inspire me to try and experiment at home. I am most attracted to Mediterranean and Asian cuisines.

Another Food Blogger's table you would like to eat at?

I'm always happy to be invited at other foodie's tables, as I am always open to learn new tips and recipes and try new foods at home.
So food blogger friends, don't wait and invite me for dinner! :)

What one kitchen gadget would you like Santa to bring you? (money no object)

I'd like to have a Kitchen Aid so I can try mixing “the proper way” that royal icing which causes me headaches :)

I'm coming to you for dinner, what is your signature dish?

I don't think I have a signature dish, but I love having guests so I always try to cook new and interesting stuff (that I haven't cooked before or I have always wanted to try). I prefer to share with friends than to cook for me only.
Yes, I'm that confident it will turn out well! :P

What is your guilty food pleasure?

Desserts, definitely.

Reveal something about yourself that others would be surprised to learn?

I am French teacher by education and journalist by work experience :)

Now I pass the ball to another 5 food bloggers:



1. CatchyChan from The Bountiful Plate

2. Artemis from WonderFoodLand

3. Sarka from CookYourDream

4. Choclette from ChocolateLogBlog


Looking forward to your answers!

4 comments:

Choclette said...

I've really been enjoying this tagging game and finding out a bit more about other blogger and new blogs have been coming to light. Nice to find out a bit more about you. Thank you very much for thinking of me. I have been tagged already and posted mine a couple of weeks ago, but I've now added your details as an update.

Janice said...

Thanks for playing along. I'm very impressed that you memorise your recipes and with the season of desserts approaching, I hope you enjoy them with the minimum of guilt ;)

Anonymous said...

I've loved reading all these Food Bloggers Unplugged posts - it's so nice to find out a bit more about the people behind the pages.

I'm the opposite of you - I started just wanting to write the words and am now getting more into styling and photography. Love it.

Sneige said...

Janice, it's easier than it sounds, when I real the method I just visualise it so i's easier when I start proceeding with it :) And I can always write down some important steps or ingredients ;)

Pin It button on image hover