Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Almonds and Raspberry Cupcakes

After being let down every time I change the brand of baking soda or baking powder I use, I decided to convert to self raising flour, and that was my best move so far!
No more exploding cakes due to overdosing the baking powder or flat cakes due to inssufficient use of it! What a relief!
These cupcakes were made with the base recipe for muiffins that I use, with only a fresh raspberry inside, thus they were ideal for cupcakes as well.
The taste is more like delicate sponge cake than a muffin, but I would say better than that because it has ground almonds and less sugar.
Tea Time!


Thanks to my friend Dani Balkanska for logistics, idea, assisting and photo equipment! I think I should change my camera and lens, haha :)

I use a normal tea cup (not mug)

Recipe:
(makes 12 cupcakes)

2 large eggs
100 ml vegetable oil
1 cup castor sugar
50 gr ground almonds
2/3 cup self raising flour
1-2 capfulls vanilla extract
12 fresh raspberries rolled in castor sugar

for the frosting:
300 ml whipping cream
3 tbsp castor sugar (in case not sweetened)

Method:

Beat the eggs with the oil and add gradually the sugar. Beat with a whisk or a fork until fluffy and creamy, add the ground almonds, vanilla and finally the flour by mixing gently.
Line a cupcake tray with paper cases and fill them up to 2/3 with the mixture. At the end place the raspberries on top, they will sink gradually especially when the dough starts to rise.
Bake at 180 C for about 30 minutes and check with a bamboo pick - if it comes out dry and clean - they are ready.
Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
 Almond & Raspberry Cupcakes
Whip the whippping cream with the sugar until ready.
Then fill in a plastic bag, cut one of the corners and decorate.
Leave for at least 12 hours before consuming.

No comments:

Pin It button on image hover