Well, after all, yesterday I knew I didn't enter the Project Food Blog competition for this year. And these are some easy steps to show you how NOT to enter the competition:
1. Be sure to misread and misunderstand every possible sentence in the guidelines of the contest.
So when the challenge guidelines read :"to create a blog post explaining...", firmly believe that you have to create that blog post in your blog (where else?!) and do not suppose even for a moment that in fact that blog post actually had to be submitted via the Foodbuzz system.
2. If you however have any doubts about should you or should you not submit it through the system, believe that being a Featured Publisher (you have to be to access the contest) ensures your new posts are automatically entered through the above mentioned system.
But don't double check!
3. Spend hours to look for pieces of information, contact persons on the website of Foodbuzz in case you need help on some topics, they when you still can't find what you're looking for, just forget about it until the contest deadline ends.
4. Do not bother to contact the people (we assume you finally found how to contact them) asking if your entry has been accepted, although you have not received any confirmation e-mail from them.
5. Wait until the deadline has ended and then notice that your name is not among the contestants that entered the first challenge, ha!
6. And finally, be a new parent.
Everybody knows that new parents have limited capabilities to concentrate as well as limited "free" time. That will surely help you a great deal to miss the contest!
After all, missing the contest is not that bad. It seems that of all 1,890 registered contestants, only 600 made it to actually enter the first challenge.
Missing the contest means you are still with two thirds of the registered contestants who for one reason or another couldn't actually compete. :)
Well, that was for this year's contest, probably see you next year!